Puberty happen in boys happen over several years. Here are some of the changes you can expect -- and the average age when they happen.
But remember, these are just average ages. The exact schedule you follow may be different than it is for other boys you know.
- Testicles start to grow, usually between the ages of 11 and 12.
- Pubic hair -- the hair around your penis and testicles -- often starts to appear when a boy is 12.
- The penis starts to grow in size often around age of 13.
- Also around age13, you may notice a temporary growth in the size of your breasts.
- A boy's voice starts "cracking" around the age of 13.
- You may have a growth spurt at about 13 1/2.
- When you're 14, you may notice hair growing in your armpits.
- Also at age 14, boys often start having wet dreams. That's when semen comes out of your penis while you sleep.
- The average age a boy gets his adult voice is 15.
- At 15, you may notice you're getting a mustache.
- By age 16, you may notice your beard has started to grow.