The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is a unicameral legislature of elected representatives of the province of Punjab, which is located in Lahore, Pakistan. The Assembly was established under Article 106 of the Constitution of Pakistan as having a total of 371 seats, with 297 general seats, 66 seats reserved for women and eight reserved for non-Muslims.
The 2-story Assembly Chamber, residential hostels, and expansive lawns cover 16 acres (65,000 m2) on the Shahrah-e-Quaid-Azam (the Mall). After it was completed in 1935, the Assembly Chamber housed the Assembly for the Punjab province. After the division of Punjab and the emergence of Pakistan, the building became the administrative center of Pakistani Punjab
Designed by Bazel M. Salune, chief architect of the Architecture Circle of Punjab, the foundation stone of the Assembly Chamber was laid by Sir Jogindar Singh, Minister of Agriculture, in November 1935 during the British Raj.
The first floor houses the Assembly Hall, which combines Indian and Roman architecture. Originally designed for a small number of members, it now accommodates 371 members. The hall is fitted with a public address system and a closed circuit television system. There was gallery seating for 200 visitors to view the proceedings of the Assembly, but now most of the gallery has been designated as floor of the house to accommodate the increased number of members, and accommodations for radio and TV press. The rest of the first floor consists of the Speaker's Chamber, the Chief Minister's Chamber, the Deputy Speaker's Office, the Cabinet Room, the Ministers' Offices, two committee rooms and the Assembly Secretariat offices.
The ground floor includes a reception area, a cafeteria, a library, a prayer room, a dispensary, the office of the leader of the opposition, the bank, the Assembly Secretariat offices, and one Committee room.